When we travel, there is nothing we like more than to look back at our photos and share our adventures and photos with friends and colleagues. At The Cow Artworks, we believe that one of the best ways to show your travel photos and memorabilia is to create a gallery wall in your home or office.
Here are some tips on how to create a perfect gallery wall to showcase travel experiences and memories in a creative way. It is a great way to showcase your favourite destinations and relive your experiences well after your vacation is over.
How to Display Travel Photos on a Wall
When creating a gallery wall of your travels, it is important to ensure that it complements the existing look and feel of your home or office. Before putting up your gallery wall, we suggest the following planning:
- Get all your favourite travel photos, memorabilia, and souvenirs together and decide which ones you want to show on your wall. This will help you to decide on a theme and colour scheme.
- Plan on which wall you want to hang your photos and memorabilia. Find a large blank wall, corner, or entrance hall to create a focal point.
- The number of frames that you can fit on the wall depends on the size and shape of the space as well as the frame widths and size of the mountboard.
- When you receive your framing back from us, organise them the way you would like them to be hung. Alternatively, we can assist you in creating a layout that will make installation very easy.
Plan your hanging from the centre of your wall and as you continue to travel you can add additional photos and items to keep your wall growing with new memories.
Creating a Travel-Inspired Gallery Wall
Great places to create travel-inspired gallery walls are hallways, staircases, offices, and entrance halls. The more open space there is, the more flexibility you will have to create your gallery wall and allow it to grow. If space is limited, consider using smaller photos and collages within frames to create a “wallpaper” of images.
What to Include in Your Travel Gallery Wall
You don’t have to limit yourself to just framing vacation photos. Here are some ideas for other items you can include in your travel gallery wall that will help you relive your favourite moments every time you pass by.
• Paintings or other art you have purchased on a trip
• Postcards, ticket stubs, or other printed souvenirs from your destinations
• Menus or other items from restaurants you dined at during your travels
We hope this blog gave you some good ideas!